Thursday, August 25, 2016

Don't Forget

Recently I have read a book by the popular Christain artist Laura Story, titled
"When God doesn't fix it"
Totally a must read. Very Encouraging especially if you are facing trials you may not understand.

But I would like to share some things she does not want us to forget and I don't want to forget the TRUTH:

MYTH: trials are a curse
TRUTH: trials are an opportunity

MYTH: God's primary desire is to fix broken things
TRUTH: God's primary desire is to fix my broken relationship with Him.

MYTH: salvation is gained by the things I do
TRUTH: salvation is gained by what Jesus did for me.

MYTH: the plan I have for my life is much better than the place where God has me right now.
TRUTH: where God has me right now is the best place for me.

MYTH: the church is a building with services
TRUTH: the church is the people of God as they serve one another.

MYTH: the strength of my faith is based on how strongly I believe
TRUTH: the strength of my faith is based on the strength of my God.

MYTH: I gain by holding on
TRUTH: I gain by letting go

MYTH: contentment begins with understanding why.
TRUTH: contentment begins by asking how God can use this for His glory

MYTH: I worship because I feel good.
TRUTH:  I worship because He is good.

MYTH: God can only use my story when there is a happy ending
TRUTH: God can use my story when I trust Him in the journey.

MYTH: I am defined by my past
TRUTH: God redeems my past and gives me a future.

MYTH: my story isn't worth much
TRUTH: my story is my greatest offering

MYTH: God needs my help
TRUTH: God wants my trust

MYTH: I must work to keep my dreams alive
TRUTH: I can rest when I release my dreams to the hands of my loving father

MYTH: God is withholding what I want because he is punishing me
TRUTH: God is withholding what I want because he has something better for me

MYTH: God is indifferent to the desires of our heart
TRUTH: God is able to do abundantly more than we ask for or imagin!

MYTH: things have to get better before I can get better.
TRUTH:  my situation may not get better, but I can get better.

by Laura Story

No comments:

Post a Comment