Monday, July 15, 2013

Waiting till you are clean?

So, I have question for you?

Seriously, would you run your truck or car through a car wash when its nice, shiny and clean? You have not taken it down any dirt roads or scratches that need buffed? Just wondering, think about it? Would you?

I would say not! But I also you would say, you are wondering where my point is in all this question! Well, I would like say in my experience I have never taken my car through the car wash when it wasn't needed. But only when it has been dusty, dirty and muddy from the dirty and rough back roads I've been done.

So, yes lately I was setting in a car wash and realized how through my walk and my relationship with others, I feel sometimes many have this all wrong! I have witnessed many who think they must get clean, shiny and off the dirt roads before they enter into and become a heir to Christ.

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.17. and if children, then heirs-heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

So let's back up here!!!! Lets take this car wash for a good example here, a simple example, so if you are one of those many that are dealing with this issue, please read this, it may be simple, but serious!

So... you have been down dirt roads, hit a few bumps in the road, splashed up some mud and got a  few scratches along the way.Let us take this "vehicle" (our body and heart in spiritual terms here)! Lets enter into the car wash- now lets slow down and take this by a step by step process.

Do we pay to enter? Yes, but First know that Jesus paid the over all expense, will we experience some cost in our decision to follow Christ yes,  some may lose friends, family, daily activities. It all comes in many different forms from a basic washing to a super deluxe!  So, now we know who really paid the price, lets enter in-
Second, do you just run through and become sweekie clean? Yes, do understand once you accept Christ and enter in as a child of God, the heavy dust is rinsed away or should I say Forgiven Forever, but then while you are in that car wash, there is a process you go through, so it don't just stop there!
We have forgiveness-the rinsing, but then there is the soaking process, soaking in God's word and learning the importance of His ways and obedience to Him-some may soak longer than others-
Then, we have the rinse cycle and another, as we get deeper into His word our true and pureness starts showing through all the mud, we are becoming clean as He washes away are sins and our lives start  changing as He washes the mud away!
Then, we have my favorite part, the SPOT FREE rinse. Here I realize as we enter in, Jesus paid my over all cost, forgave me, cleansed me- all that I may Shine for Him and Stand before my Heavenly Father SPOT FREE!

Philippians 2:15 that you may become blameless and harmless(innocent), children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

O, you may ask about the scratches? They are left so I remember that road that I once was on, so that I may choose not to travel that way again. But rest assured one day those too, will be gone and you will be all anew!

So, please realize what I want you to get from this example. You can not wait till you are all pretty, shiny, and perfectly buffed out to enter into Christ, but you come, openly, honestly and humbly before Him with all the dirt and let Him Cleanse you and shine you, so when you come out the other side you will be made perfect!

Colossians 1:21-22 And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled 22 in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight-

Do we all have the same experiences? Have we all been down the same dirt road? Will we have the same path laid out before us? No, some may be muddier than others, some my get the waxing cycle "super deluxe"- remember that one- but we all have a calling and that starts with US letting HIM cleanse us! Just as in the car wash, there is a process we go through, but at the end what matters, is we Shine and we Shine for Jesus Christ.

So, sinner if you are reading this please don't wait to get clean, buffed, washed. Let Jesus truly Cleanse you, prepare you and shine for Him!
He is the way and the only way! You Can Not Cleanse Yourself,
So, enter in my beloved, as you are and Let Christ have your life!


John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one come to the Father except through Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment