Friday, July 19, 2013

Our hands our feet our hearts!

Our hands, Our feet, Our hearts
I'm not going to start this off by saying that I know her inside and out or that we even grew up together playing and selling lemonade in a makeshift stand on the sidewalk near our house! Nope, I've only known her about two years now! But, I can tell you I have stood back and watched her grow as God has brought her to our little church and community, a far distance from her family and home town. I can tell you she grew up in the world living by the worlds standards! But, my friend can also tell you she knew in her heart that there was a longing for something she could not explain!

That's where this story starts. Through many unlikely people and different circumstances she ended up here in our little church and now my sister in Christ!

Now, I myself at this particular hard time in my life was praying for God to send me a friend, a friend of encouragement! Well, it just so happen one day she was available to take a road trip with me and that started a whole new chapter!

I realize soon that this young babe in Christ is so hungry and so on fire for God she could not read enough, learn enough or do enough, she thirst for Him! O, what a joy to be around someone with that fire in their heart, especially when when I myself had reached a slumb in my own relationship with Him!

So, October 2012, my friend, so eager to serve The Lord, felt the calling to expand, to expand out on a journey around the world reaching all those that will listen. But, do not think it has been easy! As many of us do , she began to experience many emotions fear, anger, guilt, sadness and even doubt! To be honest, she even backed off of our friendship. I watched her as she made excuses of why she could not go on this journey. I watched her make different attempts to satisfy that inner calling without actually answering the call!

Yes, six months later, my friend came to me and she had given in! Although she has not left out yet, her journey has already begun. As, my friend, is preparing to expand her hands, her feet and her heart out to 11 different countries for Christ in the next year, she has grown in her confidence and security as she knows who has called her out to go unto all the nations!

Please take note, we are all called to be disciples and spread His word! May we all listen to that still small voice and stop making excuses and start expanding our hands, our feet and our hearts! Wether, it's here at home or across the lands, may we all be inspired to expand out the Love of His Hands! 

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen. (Matthew 28:19, 20 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment