Friday, February 15, 2013

Sisters in Christ!

Sisters in Christ
    Sisters, let me start by saying, Thank you God for all the ladies you have placed in my path over the years. Some was just in passing, some where placed in my life for a season, some have been thru it all with me.
Each and everyone have left impressions on my life, I just thank you God, for each one and each lesson i have learned along the way.

    But what put this on my heart? Let me begin by telling you, I teach a Ladies bible study on Sunday morning. Right now we are, verse by verse, studying the book of Esther by Beth Moore. It has been a awesome, eyeopening, study so far! There are times in this class that we cry together and laugh together. It's a place to confide in each other and know you Will be prayed for!!

    This one particular morning, just lately, i got to my class room early (take note: this does not happen often with two girls in the house, one being a teenager) that I had time to myself to visit with my father above. As I sat there, I became so moved by each chair in that room and praying over each lady that sat in those chairs.I had just a sense of peace and joy come over me, in the thought of how special each of those ladies are to God and that we are sisters thru Christ.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:26 (KJV)
50 For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.”
 Matthew 12:50 (KJV)
     I realize when we sat there together in that room and study His word, or when we talk or text each other thru the week of how blessed we are to have each other. We have a bond, O I know, we all have different ways, in our ages, our careers, in our emotions, some are fairly new to the word, and some have walked many miles with Him. But what a blessing to know that each of us is there for each other to laugh with, cry with, to share joys, our frustrations and yes, sisters, even confess our wrong doings that we may be healed and continue on the right path. Sisters, let me be the first to say, I FAIL! I fail everyday, from the wrongful thoughts in my head or the hurtful words I may say out of my fleshly mouth, I fail! I pray each day that I will make the choices that will glorify my Lord and I will learn from the last outburst I made that I should have stopped and gave it over to the Lord, cause I can not do anything without Christ Jesus! (Phil 4:13)
16 Confess your trespasses[a] to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.James 5:16 (NKJV)

To walk with Christ on a daily basis together, to encourage each other to keep our focus on Him and seek His ways in all the areas of our lives.
16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.  Colossians 3:16 (NKJV)
Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.  Galatians 6:2 (NKJV)
Here, in Galatians, Paul tells us to bear one anther's burdens. 
Are we to leave our sisters when she is hurting or straying from the narrow path??
No, we are to cry with her, mourn with her, lift her up in times when she doesn't even know how to pray.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.   Romans 12:15 (NKJV)

We are to uplift our sister and encourage her as she walks along the path that God has chosen for her,   no not the path He chose for you but for her,    we all have a calling to serve the Lord, and that is not always the same for each person. As a loving sister we need to seek and encourage our other sisters for what God has laid out for her in her life as well as our own calling!
 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; Ephesians 4:11-13 (NKJV)
You see how special each and everyone of us are to Him that loves us. God also tells us to love one another, yes sisters we are to love each other thru it all, joys, suffering and raw emotions( you know those days where even coffee don't help)! (John 13:34)
   We are to come together sisters, to love the Lord, worship Him, seek Him and His will for your lives. We are to be united as one to be of the same mind (Phil 4:2) and that we are to be knitted together in love (Colossians 2:2) and that we bear each others burdens, that we forgive each other (Colossians 3:13-14).
    Don't get me wrong, I not only have sisters in the bible class, but also thru out the church and some out of my church and they are all wonderful ladies. The day the Lord put this on my heart was in that little cozy four walled room, waiting for the ladies to fill those chairs, as I felt Him telling me how blessed we were  and how loved we are by Him. I sure hope you, that are reading this, can relate, what a blessing it is in this life to have sisters to share your love of the Lord with and to praise Him together!
All the earth shall worship You
And sing praises to You;
They shall sing praises to Your name.” Selah  
Psalms 66:4 (NKJV)

Sisters, I pray that you love one another and that you are obediant to the ways of our Lord, loving others, forgiveing others and remain steadfast in the faith. Encourage one another to seek His ways and be honest to each other and honest to the Lord, take all things to Him, call upon Him!

 



1 comment: